Effective: March 1, 2022 As the Province of Ontario relaxes it COVID-19 policies, we at Rosedale United Church (RUC) are revising our Procedures as follows. We continue to place the highest importance on the health and safety of all who utilize our facilities - our congregation, employees and larger community.
Physical Distancing and Masks Everyone entering RUC must wear a mask or face shield at all times while inside unless City of Toronto By-Law 541-2020 permits an exemption for a certain reason, such as:
· children under two years of age;
· persons with an underlying medical condition which inhibits their ability to wear a mask or face covering; · persons who are unable to place or remove a mask or face covering without assistance;
We encourage physical distancing at the discretion of individuals. At such time that masks are no longer mandated by the City of Toronto, we will continue to require masks inside RUC until further notice.
Building Access Policy Organizers: If you are an organizer of a booking held at RUC, you are required to:
· Check in with Church Staff on site first, before allowing anyone attending your event to enter.
· Confirm that all attendees have provided Proof of Vaccination.
Congregants: We no longer require congregants to sign in as they enter our building or provide Proof of Vaccination BUT we have the expectation that all people entering our Church will indeed be vaccinated and wear masks.
Guest Musicians and Guest Speakers: We require proof of vaccination from all guest musicians and guest speakers, since singing and loud speaking serve as vehicles for respiratory pathogen transmission.
Showing Symptoms of COVID-19 or Confirmed Cases
· If an individual shows symptoms while in the building, they will be asked to return home and self-isolate immediately. If the individual cannot leave immediately, they will be asked to wait outside.
· The individual will be advised to follow the instructions from the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 self-assessment tool to determine how to seek further care or they can contact their doctor or Telehealth Ontario at Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000 for further directions about testing and self-isolation.
· If the health situation requires 911 emergency services will be contacted.
· If a COVID case is confirmed, the organizer responsible for the user group with the confirmed positive case must immediately notify the Church Office at email@example.com and the Lead Minister, Rev. Dr. Kristin Philipson, at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will log and track the positive case.
Hygiene and Sanitization - please wash your hands frequently. Please cough into your sleeve or tissue, discard tissues and wash hands immediately. Hand sanitizer is also located around the building.
Cleaning and Filtration - all rooms are given 30-minute intervals between bookings to allow for air circulation and cleaning. When possible, keep windows open to allow for outside air circulation.
· Organizers: you agree to wipe down any shared equipment, instruments, music stands and other shared surfaces with provided disinfectant wipes.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the above, please direct them to the Clerk of Session, Bob Duncanson at email@example.com.