To download our full policy document, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Effective: September 22, 2021
Proof of Vaccination Policy in Effect
Rosedale United Church (RUC) places the highest importance on the health and safety of all who utilize our facilities - our congregation, employees and larger community.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, RUC developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan which has been regularly updated to reflect the changing regulations issued by the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto.
RUC is not open to the general public. Only those with a legitimate reason for accessing the building may enter. Unless otherwise specified for individual events, everyone must enter using the accessible west door on Glen Road (with elevator access if required) by contacting the Church Office using the doorbell. Access will continue to be limited.
1. Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (two complete dosages), OR
2. Written proof of a medical reason that provides a documented reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and outlines the time period of the medical reason, and also provide verification of a negative COVID-19 test result obtained within 48 hours of seeking access to the building.
Exemptions: The only exemptions permitted to enter RUC are for unvaccinated people with medical exemptions and people under 12 years old. Individuals who cannot receive the vaccine due to medical exemptions will be permitted with a doctor’s note until the medical exemption can be integrated as part of a digital vaccine certificate.
It is the discretion of the individual to determine whether they would like to disclose their vaccination status. Should they make the decision not to divulge this information, they will not be permitted to access RUC.
Please see this list of frequently asked questions: Proof of Vaccination FAQ
Screening and Contact Tracing - Everyone entering RUC must sign in and add themselves to the contact tracing form located at the side door table, and must complete a screening questionnaire via paper form or QR code at the Church Office once available. This information will be destroyed after 30 days and does not contain your vaccination status.
If you answer yes to any of the screening questions, you must not enter, and should self-isolate and seek medical advice from Public Health Ontario / Telehealth Ontario at Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000 as well as be tested for COVID-19.
• If an individual shows symptoms while in the building, they will be asked to return home and self-isolate immediately. If the individual cannot leave immediately,
they will be asked to wait outside.
• The individual will be advised to follow the instructions from the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 self-assessment tool to determine how to seek further care or they can contact their doctor or Telehealth Ontario at Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000 for further directions about testing and self-isolation.
• If the health situation requires 911 emergency services will be contacted.
• If a COVID case is confirmed, the organizer responsible for the user group with the confirmed positive case must immediately notify the Church Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Lead Minister, Rev. Dr. Kristin Philipson, at email@example.com, who will log and track the positive case.
Caring for others - the new government-mandated vaccination rules are not created by RUC, all facilities are expected to follow them to protect the health and safety of everyone, not only us. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding that RUC Staff are following the instructions given to them by the building’s management body, the Board of Rosedale United Church. Please direct all concerns and questions to the Clerk of Session, Bob Duncanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.